So where does your money go?
Through the volunteer efforts and support of eye care professionals, corporations, local businesses, individuals, and foundations, Prevent Blindness North Carolina was able to continue sight-saving vision screening during the 2016-2017 year. Some of our results are:
- Screeners conducted over 500,000 individual student screenings during the school year.
- More than 40,000 of those children were referred for follow-up care.
- 577 children and 1,825 adults received vouchers for donated eye wear and/or eye exams through the VSP Sight for Students and VSP Mobile Eyes voucher programs.
- 447 eye exams and 308 pairs of glasses were donated through the PBNC Donor Docs Program.
- 416 children and 37 adults were served through the Healthy Eyes Eyeglasses Program.
- 5,892 adults received vision screenings at health fairs, senior centers, health clinics, corporations, and the NC State Fair.
- 1,214 of those adults were referred for follow-up care.
- 3,511 new volunteers were trained to perform accurate vision screenings within the public schools through the children's Vision Screening Training Program.
Become a Professional Member Today!