NC Medicaid Routine Eye Exams and Glasses for Adults
Adults 21 years old and older, who have NC Medicaid, may get a routine eye exam and prescription glasses once every two years.
If you have NC Medicaid, you can get help finding an eye doctor by:
Calling NC Medicaid at 1-888-245-0179
Going to https://medicaid.ncdhhs.gov/medicaid
- Click on Find A Doctor
- Click on Medicaid/Health Choice Specialist Providers
- Look for your County in the left-hand column
- Once you find your County, then look for your City in the right-hand column
- Once you find your City, look for Ophthalmologists and Optometrists
- When making an eye exam appointment, be sure to ask if they do Medicaid eye exams AND glasses in the same office. If they do, you can get everything done in one place.
For additional information about replacement glasses and other vision services, please call NC Medicaid at 1-888-245-0179.
NOTE: Children 20 years old and younger, who have Medicaid or Health Choice are eligible for a routine eye exam and prescription glasses once every year.