NC Medicaid Routine Eye Exams and Glasses for Children
Children 20 years old and younger, who have NC Medicaid or Health Choice, may get a routine eye exam and prescription glasses once a year.
If your child has NC Medicaid or Health Choice, you can get help finding an eye doctor by:
Calling NC Medicaid at 1-888-245-0179
Going to https://medicaid.ncdhhs.gov/medicaid
- Click on Find A Doctor
- Click on Medicaid/Health Choice Specialist Providers
- Look for your County in the left-hand column
- Once you find your County, then look for your City in the right-hand column
- Once you find your City, look for Ophthalmologists and Optometrists
- When making an eye exam appointment, be sure to ask if they do Medicaid eye exams AND glasses in the same office. If they do, you can get everything done in one place.
For additional information about replacement glasses and other vision services, please call NC Medicaid at 1-888-245-0179.
NOTE: Adults 21 years old and older, who have Medicaid are eligible for a routine eye exam and prescription glasses once every two years. Co-payments apply for adults.