So where does your money go?
Through the volunteer efforts and support of eye care professionals, corporations, local businesses, individuals, and foundations, Prevent Blindness North Carolina was able to continue sight-saving vision screening during the 2015-2016 year. Some of our results are:
- 563,949 children received vision screenings throughout the state.
- 41,126 of those children were referred for follow-up care.
- 716 children and 1,651 adults received vouchers for donated eye wear and/or eye exams through the VSP Sight for Students and VSP Mobile Eyes voucher programs.
- 363 eye exams and 281 pairs of glasses were donated through the PBNC Donor Docs Program.
- 409 children and 71 adults were served through the Healthy Eyes Eyeglasses Program.
- 5,825 adults received vision screenings at health fairs, senior centers, health clinics, corporations, and the NC State Fair.
- 897 of those adults were referred for follow-up care.
- 3,147 new volunteers were trained to perform accurate vision screenings within the public schools through the Kenneth Royall Vision Screening Certification Program.
Become a Professional Member Today!